Sunday, January 25, 2015

Heli-Skiing photography 2015

The 2015 Heli-Skiing season is upon us and I am now working with Northern Escape Heli-Skiing as the resident photographer. The goal is to ski with and photograph the Elite package guests at least one day of their heli-ski tour. There are a lot of logistics and many variables in play for this program to work. With the i's dotted and the t's crossed, and the season now underway, it is rewarding to see that the photo program has been well received by guests and guides alike.

Aaron Whitfield hard at work at Northern Escape Heli-Skiing in the beautiful Skeena mountains surrounding Terrace, BC. Chad Hamilton photo.


Ski photography is something I have done in the past at Island Lake Cat-Skiing and Powder Cowboy Cat-Skiing, and I loved every minute of it. To get the chance to work as a heliski photographer is a chance of a lifetime. It feels like I am back where I belong in the mountains with my camera and the opportunity to capture the essence of the heli-ski experience for guests from around the world. As the season progresses, I will post some updates and highlights of the action as it happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment